Tuesday 26 August 2014

Holiday Day Eight

 Last Day


As we had to be up and out early, we decided to treat ourselves to breakfast at the Watch House Cafe in West Bay. The plan being to go to Bridport market later.
I tried the eggs benedict, which was fantastic and the kids had toast and jam and waffles.
The breakfast selection didn't seem as large this year, there wasn't much choice for the kids and the price had increased, so I felt that the bill left a sour note on the proceedings.



It was another hot day and we spent most of the morning pottering around the antiques market in Bridport, which I enjoyed but I didn't  like anything enough to buy it, apart from a floral pinny in a charity shop and some enamels mugs (for future camping!) at the Girls Own Store.
I was allowed to pop into Bridport Yarn, where the girls flopped onto the comfy sofa while I browsed!
The lady was very nice in there, even offering to fill up the toddlers water bottle.
I settled on some Regia sock yarn in fabulous blue shades, for my future 2nd pair of socks. I'd taken the knitting with me and while I didn't do any on the beach (I'm not sure how it's possible when you have kids!) it was great in the evenings and in the car and my second sock came on a treat.


After separating from my family who were heading back home the scenic route, we headed back to West Bay for the beach.
We spent all afternoon here, all swimming in the sea, and I tried some snorkelling as the water was so clear, it was bliss and nobody wanted to go home.
It got to tea-time before we faced the thought and packed up for the long drive home, I wasn't as sad as last year this time though, as I know we WILL be coming back!

No comments: