Tuesday 13 May 2014

Sewing Sunday

With two friends having babies recently I thought while I was in the sewing mood I could knock up another pair of trousers but this time in 0-3mths size.

I got the chambray fabric from The Village Haberdashery:
Which had quick delivery and wasn't too heavy for lined trousers, the lining fabric is a Japanese 1/2 metre I picked up from The Eternal Maker at a previous show, it's very soft, a bit like a muslin/flannel mix- ah on the website, it says it's a double gauze fabric After sewing, I worried that it was too delicate for trousers as any heavy tugging at the seams may rip it but hopefully for a small baby it should be ok?!







I was quite pleased with these and I now need to do another pair but this time with different lining for a little boy.

Sewing sunday continued with me starting a fabric brooch kit I'd purchased last year from Makeve, I struggled a bit with the folding of the fabric petals at the end but have now finished so I'll have to update with a picture soon.

 

To round off I remembered all those pins on Pinterest about cleaning your sewing machine!
I got the screwdriver out and you really wouldn't believe the amount of fluff that was hiding at the back under the throat plate and under the bobbin race! I used a small art paint brush to gentle tease it all out.



It felt so nice to have time to myself while the children entertained themselves, may it happen more often!

No comments: