Sunday 15 September 2013

Festival of Quilts 2012

ARGH!! I've just noticed in my post listing that this one never made it past the DRAFT stage!! I now know it's because I didn't get round to finishing off the captioning and now I can't find the original photos to find the numbering!
So apologies, some quilts are not attributed as I always strive to do, please let me know of any additions/amends I can make.


Another late posting but I had to post this one as a trip to the Festival of Quilts at the NEC is becoming a yearly ritual/treat!
It's taken a while to get round to crediting all the quilts but finally here we are.
I had another enjoyable time I'm happy to say, bought some lovely things, saw lots of lovely things and came away very tired!
As usual there's lots of types of quilts on show, to cater to all tastes, there seemed to my mind to be rather a lot of art quilts this year and some not up my street at all!

So here is my take on what was good at FoQ 2012....


Miniature Quilts


A Stitch in Time by Sue Bibby
Machine and hand embroidery, applique, reverse applique and stumpwork



M51 - Whirlpool Galaxy by  Dorian Walton
Machine pieced and quilted
2nd Prize Miniature Quilts Category



Hawthorn Sky by Roberta Le Poidevin
Hand and machine applique and machine quilting
2nd Prize Pictorial Quilts



Penny and Fletcher by Kerry Wilkinson
Modern pieced background with large piecework glued and appliqued










Britain What it Means to You by Laura Di Cear, Italy
Machine applique and free-motion embroidery
European Award Winner Quilters Guild Challenge



A Day at the Seaside by Julia Gahagan
Machine applique and quilting


Stargazing by Helen Moore
Hand patchwork with hand embroidery and machine quilting



A Miniature Cotswold Garden by Sue Dalrymple
English Paper Pieced and hand quilted



My Garden - I Wish by Karena Brand


Decorative Fans by Sheena Norquay









Jenny's Flower Garden Quilt by The Reiver Quilting Group



The Secret Garden by Fusion



Walls R Us by Off The Wall



A Cotswold Garden by Friday Fruitcakes








Lu Summers



Who Won by Caroline Wilkinson





















No comments: