Wednesday 21 March 2012

Vintage Fashion & Textile Fair..belatedly

 Here are some of the goodies I picked up from the Vintage Fashion & Textile Fair at Chipping Sodbury last February, my Mum & me had a good time even if we did have to pay a £1 entrance fee :( 
A sign of the times?

I ummed & ahhed over these buttons but couldn't resist, I picked up a plain white baby dress and I'm thinking of adding these and some large patch pockets....


 I was on a mission to get buckles and I struck lucky on several stalls


More umming & ahhing but I've been after a good tablecloth for a while, this was from Cowboys & Custard


As a bit of competition, around the corner in Chipping Sodbury there was a rival vintage fair, I'm a sucker for a new corsage!  There was also a fantastic lady who'd painted small pebbles into animals and the detail on these tiny stones were amazing, I got two small guinea pig ones which I must hunt out of the children's bedroom and take a snap of.


Chipping Sodbury also has a real lovely toy shop with lots of good quality wood toys:  Purple Parrot
so we were able to get Rowan her own name set, as both the older girls have theirs on their bedroom door.
 
This Saturday I do believe it's the Vintage Jumble in Rangeworthy,  it's a bit too much of a drive for me, we're off to the NEC on Sunday instead for the Sewing for Pleasure show. Hope to do some fabric shopping! Anyone else going?

No comments: