Saturday 16 July 2011

Quick Lick of Paint


I got these nice corner shelves from the charity warehouse a few weeks back for only £4, they were covered in thick varnish so I thought rather than sanding them back I'd try out some Annie Sloan chalk paint on them. I got a little pot from 'The Old Pill Factory', for about £5 and after a deciding on which colour to choose (it took a while!) I went for the duck egg blue.




I was very impressed, the paint was lovely and thick so it only needed one coat and I've still got loads left in the pot for another project.  I was done in about 10 minutes and now I can use it straight away, rather than having a long labourious sanding/waxing task!


 All I need now is to get the OH to put it up!

The next task will be this peg rail, I was hoping to sand back but I think now I may use more of the Annie Sloan!


I've also finished the Ercol plate rack I picked up months ago - the sanding and waxing was a long process for me! I'll try and get some pics soon but I'm still waiting for it to be put up, if only I was trusted with the power tools!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know what that paint is like. I often wander past the shop on Cowley Road and see the sign 'Home of the best paint in the world' - sounds like it really could be! :)

Sewandthecity said...

Oh I must show this to my husband…he attempted to paint one of our old Ikea book shelves to use in the kitchen…I wish he did his research as now we have shiny not at all vintage looking shelving unit…he promised to sand off the pain and redo it, but I guess he is just saying it to make me feel better. One would hope what with such developed chemical industry Germany would produce nicer paints :-)