Monday 2 August 2010

Granny Square learning...

I've been finding new blogs lately, mostly from links on blogs I like and I was very taken with the lovely blog 'Yarn Round Hook' when I found pictures of a gorgeous granny square blanket!
It is so yummy, big congrats to Victoria for finishing this!

So after many failed attempts at crochet I was spurred onto trying to master the Granny!!

So lots of re-reading books, magazines, blog posts and then I found a link to this...
Sarah London's Flickr set
'How to Make a Granny Square Step by Step' on Flickr...follow the link it's truly fab and that was when it all slowly started to make sense!

Cue lots of furrowed brows and fingers in a twist...but eventually I ended up with this...


It's not perfect I know but I did get the rhythm of the pattern eventually and I'm keen to practice some more.

1 comment:

Rubyred said...

Hello Anna,
how lovely of you to pop by! Such a shame we never get to meet up! I have some lovely chats with your mum though! Well done on the granny square, I'm still struggling to get to that stage! Congrats on being in the Sew Hip magazine too!
Have a lovely week!
Rachel x